Saturday, September 15, 2012

Night Owl/Early Bird


I am
a morning person. I get this from my mom. That woman practically wakes up whistling! Unfortunately I didn't inherit this gift so I tend to giggle a lot instead. I'm pretty sure all of the "night owls" that I've shared tent space with, love me for this.

On week days I usually set an alarm clock-just in case-but I almost always wake up before it goes off. This is true no matter what time I go to bed. That dang early bird curse! Maybe my subconscious can't handle the terror of surprise.

Strange thing is every now and again I go through a definite night owl phase. I get this from my dad. I used to fall asleep to the muffled sounds of the T.V. coming from his man cave in the basement late at night. The sound was oddly comforting. However, the night owl in me can only surface for so long before I totally crash. I'm predicting that might happen by Wednesday.

So, why have I been up past 12, 1, or 2 a.m. for the last week? For some reason I've just had a hard time winding down at the end of the day. There are too many ideas I'd like to explore, so many things to read, too many plans I would like to make, so much to organize, and I suppose a few worries sprinkled in there, too.

With the candle burning at both ends this means I'm currently not much of an afternoon person (sorry coworkers). What do you do to calm your mind and body in preparation for sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...