Monday, September 3, 2012

Cottonwood Trees

So, I am re-creating my blog, once again, but that is okay because sometimes it takes a while to feel out where you really want to begin. It happens in my writing all the time so I suppose it is fitting that my blog journey has taken the same shape. I've been wanting to update my blog for a while. Coming up with a title that represents me better was important and in the end, though I love many of the posts on my old blog, I decided to come up with a clean fresh slate.

Last night as I was dozing off to sleep the title finally came to me. I've been searching for the perfect fit for a long time, picking up phrases and putting them down, trying to be patient until I found something that felt right, like a smooth pebble in my hand. Last night as I listened to the smooth rustle of leaves contradict the wheezing of my lungs I thought "The tree!" The title has to include the tree!"

I have this amazing tree that grows outside my window. It is one reason I love my bedroom. I live in a new development that is DEVOID of trees. I hate that. And yet, I somehow got lucky enough to find the one house that has a massive cottonwood tree growing behind it. It serves as a little reminder that God is in the details, that he cares about the things I love, and that there are still miracles in the world. Cottonwood trees have symbolized miracles in my life for a long time (You can read a previous post on this topic here: http://nasiegirl.blogspot.com/2010/11/desert-musings.html) I'm planning to include some of my daily miracles on this blog so I'm happy to have that symbol in my title as well.

Interestingly enough the number one question I've been asked this year is: "WHY did you move to Spanish Fork?" I can just see people trying to sort out why a single gal would choose to settle down right smack in the middle of small-town-family-suburbia-with-little-prospects-Spanish-Fork. I know it doesn't make much sense but I needed a place for my body to heal, I longed for a place to create, I wanted my own space to expand and explore, and carve out my own little place in the world. So I searched for a place where all of those things could coexist and when it all came together it was here, under the cottonwood tree, that I decided I belong. I hope you enjoy your stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...