Thursday, January 2, 2014

Tradition

Recently I celebrated another birthday. For the last couple of years I have gone for a winter hike on my big day. You could say it has become tradition. Winter hikes are rather:

Simple
Exquisite
Bright
Crisp
Quiet
Hidden
Magical
Refreshing
Surprising
Devoid of Color
& Full of Color

All at the same time

It is a good way for me to connect with the land, tap into my heart, and forge a new path forward. It always leaves me feeling hopeful and whole.

Trees stand naked and vulnerable, the land cloaked by snow. And soon I begin to see things differently. It lends itself well to thought and reflection. These are some of my thoughts expressed through images. I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I did...






Hanging on.


                               Looking Back & Moving Forward


 
Hidden Tree house
 

 
Sunshine & Shadows



A seed of hope.
Delicate,
Resilient.
 
 
 
Seedlings casting magic in the sunlight

 

 
Evidence of the Fall



Patterns in an old stump                                                 Seeds, Light, & Branches

 
Familiar Peaks

& Valleys


 




Looking afar off



 
Finding beauty in the Details



 


Water Dragon
 
 
 
Love Notes in the snow...
 

from the woman who gave me life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...